In its corporate history, Montavit can look back on a large number of milestones in various areas, be it in product development, at the Absam site or in entering new markets and internationalization. The following is an overview:
New production building is built
New office building being built
Market entry Australia, New Zealand and South Africa
With Katherina Schmidt, the next
family generation joins Montavit.
Completion of extension building - research laboratories and production
Market entry Canada and South Korea
Establishment of sales offices in Romania and Serbia
New building in Absam and consolidation of all production activities in Absam
Establishment of a sales office in Ukraine
Market entry Spain and Thailand
Market entry Italy
Market entry Malaysia
Establishment of sales offices in Bulgaria and Russia
Market entry Germany
Acquisition of 100% of Chepharin in Klagenfurt as contract manufacturer for solid forms, including charcoal tablets
Dr. Oswald Mayr takes over the entire shares of Montavit.
Dr. Oswald Mayr takes over 50% of the shares from Dr. Albin Mayr and joins the company as Managing Director.
At the end of the 1955 financial year, Dr. Albin Mayr, as Managing Director, acquired the 50% shares from Daniel Swarovski. The other shares belonged to Dr. Fröhlich and his daughter Dr. Eva Fröhlich.
First antihistamine production in Austria. From the very beginning, Montavit has endeavored to assert itself on the market with its own products through its own research, active ingredient development and production. This also requires a state of the art technical facility and the associated knowledge and skills. This was always rewarded and documented by contract orders, partly from abroad.
In 1950, the company moved to new, larger premises in Absam. Montavit's first product was "Montavit", a powdered food supplement containing lecithin, glucose, vitamins, protein and cocoa. This was more than justified in those deprived times, when malnutrition and vitamin deficiency were the starting point for many diseases. The company motto at the time was "we produce and supply without restriction".
In November 1945, the company Montavit was founded by Dr. Alfred Fröhlich and Daniel Swarovski, with Dr. Albin Mayr as chemist. A part of the building in the Swarovski Plant II in Wattens was rented as the location for production.