- Excellent and long-lasting lubrication properties
- Protects from injuries
- Antiseptic action
- Reduces the risk of infection
- Simple to handle
- Ideal viscosity, no flow back from the urethra
- Free of parabens
Cathejell C is a sterile, water-soluble, visually clear lubricant gel which is used for catheters, endoscopes, probes, tubes and other medical instruments.
When is Cathejell C used?
- As a lubricant for catheters, endoscopes, probes, tubes or other medical instruments for application in the urethra
- When no anaesthesia is needed
How does Cathejell C work?
- Gently unfolds the urethra prior to insertion of a catheter or other instruments
- Forms a lubricating film between the urethral mucosa and the instrument and facilitates the pain-free advancement of instruments
- Avoids ascending infections of the urethra and acts against a large number of bacteria and some fungi and viruses due to the disinfectant effect of chlorhexidine
To view this video, please activate the
"Social Content" category in the privacy settings.
Opening and instillation of Cathejell C
The special design of the accordion syringe permits opening and soft installation with one hand.
1. Open blister pack by peeling back the paper
2. Remove the tip by a short sharp ‘tap’
downwards onto sterile field
3. Squeeze out one drop of gel with gentle pressure
4. Insert the applicator nozzle into the meatus
and instill slowly
5. Empty the accordion syringe completely
and remove it
6. Insertion of the catheter
Cathejell C is a medical device class III.
For the effects and possible adverse effects, please consult the patient information leaflet (package insert), or talk to your doctor or pharmacist. The product information is referring to the current Austrian approval.