Utipro plus capsules
The advantages of Utipro at a glance
- Unique mechanism of action
- Acts at two points simultaneously – intestine and bladder
- Gets to the root of the troubles – in the intestine
- Stops the ascent of harmful bacteria
- Comprises natural ingredients
- Can be used with or without antibiotics
- Is well tolerated
More than half of all women suffer from urinary tract infection at least once in their lives. Of these, 20 –30 % have recurrent relapses.¹ Utipro plus is an innovative treatment approach for the control and prevention of uncomplicated urinary tract infections.
When do you use Utipro, and what does Utipro do?
The medical device is used to control and prevent urinary tract infections caused by pathogens such as E. coli and other bacteria.
80 % of all urinary tract infections are caused by intestinal bacteria. ²
Cystitis (inflammation of the bladder) is almost always caused by intestinal bacteria that ascend from the intestine into the bladder via the urethra and cause painful inflammation of the bladder mucosa there. Due to the shorter urethra, women are affected more frequently than men are.
Symptom control starts in the intestine!
Utipro plus is currently the only treatment approach that effectively combats the source of infection in the intestine by means of a protective film while at the same time allowing symptom control in the bladder by means of hibiscus and propolis. Utipro plus thus gets to the root of the troubles, namely in the intestine.
Hibiscus and propolis alleviate the symptoms in the bladder. The urine is acidified. Thus, bacterial growth can be suppressed.
The protective film (xyloglucan gelatine) in Utipro plus coats the intestine, hampering propagation of the harmful bacteria and their subsequent ascent into the bladder
To view this video, please activate the
"Social Content" category in the privacy settings.
Combination of xyloglucan, (porcine) gelatine, propolis, Hibiscus sabdariffa, silicon dioxide, magnesium stearate (vegetable) and corn starch
In case of acute infection
- From the onset of the first symptoms
- 2 × 1 capsule for 5 days (every 12 hours), with or without antibiotics
In case of recurring infections
- For prevention of relapses
- 1 × 1 capsule for at least 15 consecutive days per month, over several cycles
- Grabe M et al. Guidelines on Urological Infections. European Association of Urology, 2009.
For the effects and possible adverse effects of this medical device, please consult the patient information leaflet (package insert) or talk to your doctor or pharmacist. The product information is referring to the current Austrian approval.